Wednesday, May 6, 2009

See Them For Yourself

A woman names Christa was one of the lucky ones who did receive a diaper from Ladys and Lads. She was disappointed, to say the least. She says, "I only ordered two thank God! Here's what you get for $5 AIOs (I actually ordered All in Twos but hey): The outside fabric is just as I ordered and expected. The inside fabric is some sort of very cheap polyester flannel material (she told me that all the materials would be cotton). The shape of the diaper seems to be good. The stitching is horrendous (this is what it would look like if I tried to make one, hmmm...) and the soaker is sewn in crooked in both. Last but not least, the PUL is only on the back of the soaker part!!! Now this is my first AIO but I'm pretty sure this won't work, right? Oh and wait... they smell like smoke. I'm a former, sometimes still do, smoker and I can smell it a mile away and these reek!" She sent me these photos so we could see what it looks like:

She says, "I washed the diapers once and put them on my son (the white stuff is just powder from trying on the diaper). They wouldn't even stay on. The elastic was too tight for the size of the diaper and so it pulled on the velcro until it gave way." Note how the soaker is sewn in crooked and off-center, and there is no top-stitching around the edges of the diaper.

She says, "This is after I'd ripped a couple of seams and turned them inside out. The blue stuff is the PUL lining." You can see how the PUL only covers the soaker area. How will it keep the moisture from leaking out the sides if it's only covering the center? The leg elastic area is the most likely place for leaks, and in this diaper it's not protected at all. The huge seam allowance on the PUL also explains the bunchy apperance of the diaper from the outside.

1 comment: