Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Updates

Here are a few recent developments:

- The 4131 Clarks River Road 425 Lot address that was previously posted appears to be ruled out as a possible address for Talisha Hernandez. One helpful person said that the satalite pictures on maps.google.com were clear, and "The third address is a highway! It takes you to an approximate location, but if you click those arrows there you end up under an overpass. Don't know where she'd plug her sewing machine up down there. . ."

- Regarding the idea posed to notify the local Paducah news stations, Lindsi and The Cloth Diaper Kid have provided this info:

WPSD is the local NBC station in Paducah, KY. (www.wpsdtv.com)

WSIL is the nearest ABC station, in Carterville, IL. (http://www.wsiltv.com)

KFVS12 is the local CBS station, but is actually located in Cape Girardeau, MO. (www.kfvs12.com)

The Cloth Diaper Kid also adds, "In my experience, WPSD is the better of the three news stations, and would be the best bet for sending in the story. They offer better local coverage. I don't have any direct experience with her, but she's making everyone around here look like hicks, rednecks, and scammers. I say go after her! Copy and paste the email you sent to KFVS12 and send it to WPSD."

- As of this writing, the Ladys and Lads site is down because of what the homepage calls "site maintinence". Perhaps the site is down for good?

- I have been asked to comment on this site regarding the connection between Ladys and Lads Boutique and Prep and Posh Boutique. There are several similarities between the two sites, such as:
  • The sites look almost identical in layout. I believe this is because they both use the same web-store host, which means they may or may not be connected.
  • Reviews I have read of Prep and Posh diapers have complained that they reek of cigarette smoke, which is a complaint that has also been made about the Ladys and Lads diapers. However, some people who have gotten diapers from Prep and Posh have questioned weather Prep and Posh uses real PUL in their diapers, or, as some theorize, tablecloth material - others have simply said that the PUL seems to be "really stiff", which doesn't sound like PUL at all. Ladys and Lads diapers, such as they are, appear to be made with real PUL.
  • The sites both mentioned that production was delayed because of an ice storm at around the same time. This is more convincing to me, but it might be because the two owners live near each other or Talisha just saw the Prep and Posh owner's excuse and copied it.
  • The strongest connection between the two sites seems to be that though the owner of Ladys and Lads calls herself "TeeChea" we, of course, know her as Talisha Hernandez. The owner of Prep and Posh calls herself "Lydia" but one customer of hers says she was sent an email from an address registered to Dee Hernandez.
This may surprise you, but I'm still not sure. When I compare the two sites, the pictures of the diapers are similar, sure. But since I've made a few diapers before, I can see some minor differences in the way they are sewn. For example, many of the Prep and Posh diapers are top-stitched. All in all, the Prep and Posh diapers seem to me to be a bit superior. Also, the Prep and Posh site seems to be much more professionally written, without the grammar and spelling errors that seem to be the hallmark of Talisha's work. So, is it possible that Talisha and "Lydia" are the same person? Or perhaps they're related to each other? Please comment on this post and tell me what you think! We can use any evidence that you can supply.

4 comments:

  1. One other similarity I noticed is the fake feedbacks. The feedbacks on prep and posh sound just like the fake one Talisha used to post. I dont think they are the same person, but I think they are related and working together to scam people. I just talked to a woman yesterday who ordered from prep and posh months ago and still no diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at this: Seller's Name: Daphne HernandezSeller's Email: daphne_hernandez@yahoo.comTransaction Transaction Date: Mar. 10, 2009 13:27:56 PDTTransaction Amount: $25.00 USD
    This is Shipment Tracking and Order Status Provided for Transaction ID. What a coincidence right? I made bussiness with "Lydia Shellyns" who on hell is this D.H? Talisha relative perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have ordered from Prep and Posh, 4 months + ago and no diapers. emails responded to very promptly (by Lydia Shellins) at beginning to sort out order. Money paid through paypal 4/2009 to 'Dee Hernandez'. As of 7/26/09, i cannot get a response. Not sure if this is the same as ladys and lads people. I was told s. illinois, not ky. And don't rely on google maps for total accuracy, they are often 3 yrs out of date. It is possible a subdivision or trailer park is there now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered from her on Feb. 27, 2009 and nothing . I received a last email from her on May 1 with an excuse she was on vacation, etc. I have yet to hear from her. lydiashellins@yahoo.com is an email she wrote me from but on my paypal it does state daphne_hernandez@yahoo.com and in another email it said dee hernandez and I notice her prep and posh website is down. I am out 35.99! God knows what she has done! He can judge on her judgement day for what she has done to scam people.

    ReplyDelete